Year-End Statement and Tax Receipt Mailing Schedule
The Year-End Statement and Tax Receipt Mailing Schedule is outlined below for your reference. Please note that the dates provided are subject to change. For current information regarding the mailing schedule, please contact Assante Advisor Services at 1-800-268-3200.
|Receipt Type||Expected Mailing Dates|
|Remainder of Year 2012 Contribution Receipts||January 11, 2013|
|1st 60-Days Contribution Receipts|
||Mailed by February 7, 2013|
||Mailed weekly between Feb. 7 and March 1, 2013|
||Mailed daily beginning on March 4, 2013|
|T4RSP / T4RIF / NR4 / T4A /Relevé 1 / Relevé 2 / Relevé 3||Week of February 11, 2013|
|T3 / Relevé 16 (income and capital gains from trust units)||Mailed by March 28, 2013|
T5013 / Relevé 15 (income from limited partnership units)
|Mailed by March 28, 2013|
T5 / Relevé 3 (investment income in non-registered accounts)
|Week of February 11, 2013|
Year-end statements will be mailed to clients by January 31, 2013.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why haven’t I received a statement yet?
- If we have received returned mail for your account, your address status may be inactive. As a result, your statement will not be mailed. Please contact your Assante Financial Advisor to update your mailing address.
- You will not receive a statement if you are the contributor on a Spousal RRSP. The statement will be issued to your spouse, as he or she is the account annuitant.
2. Why haven’t I received any tax receipts?
- If we have received returned mail for your account, your address status may be inactive. As a result, we will not mail your tax receipts until your address is updated. Please contact your Assante Financial Advisor to update your mailing address.
3. Where do I get capital gain and loss information on mutual funds/securities?
- We have requested that all fund companies send out year end statements for non-registered accounts. Information for determining your capital gains and losses on mutual fund trades for 2012 can be obtained from the fund company statements.
- Capital gains and losses on securities are calculated using the transactions of individual securities on your statement.
- You are required to include any gains or losses on your annual tax return for all non-registered accounts. If you are not sure how to obtain this information, please contact your Assante Financial Advisor.
4. Why does my Assante statement differ with statements I received from fund companies?
- Assante statements only include transactions that were posted in the system during that given month. When a trade is processed, or a dividend is paid, there is a one to three business day delay from the date the transaction is processed until the date Assante receives the transaction file from the fund company.
For example: If a fund pays a dividend on December 31, Assante may not receive the transaction file until January 3. The dividend will appear on the January statement, with an effective trade date of December 31. The only way we can ensure that we will never miss reporting a transaction to you is to report information based on entry date. Transactions are reported in this manner to ensure that all backdated transactions are reported appropriately. Delaying statement production by three business days would capture any transactions processed near the end of the previous month; however, it would not capture any adjustments that are processed beyond that three-day period.