Marylou Heenan RRC, CCS
Insurance is more than just a safety net. From basic life protection and living benefits (Disability, Critical Illness, Long Term Care) to annuities in retirement and the use of insurance for estate planning, we can help you understand each insurance alternative and its potential benefits.
There are innovative solutions for different ages and stages of your life.
With insurance planning as part of your wealth management strategy, you can manage risk at every stage of your personal and professional life to help strengthen and safeguard your family’s financial security.
For consultation on complex needs, please contact us. For simpler needs, many of our clients choose from plans which are conveniently purchased on-line.
For Canadian residents aged 18 to 65, Manulife's Lifecheque Basic Critical Illness Insurance offers:
- Coverage for 5 major illnesses including cancer, heart disease, stroke, aeortic surgery and coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Lump sum payments of $25,000, $50,000 or $75,000 with a Return of Premium option.
Click here for more information on Lifecheque Basic Critical Illness insurance and to quote and apply on-line.
Manulife Financial offers the following travel insurance options:
Out of province/out of country travel insurance for Canadians
Visitors to Canada travel insurance
Student travel insurance
Travelling Canadians can choose from the following options:
* Single-Trip Plan: Provides coverage for one trip for the number of days purchased. No age limit but the you will have to answer medical questions if you are over the age of 55.
* Quick Trip Plan: Provides coverage for one trip of less than 18 days for those 55-74 years of age. There are no eligibility questions for this option.
* Multi-Trip Plan: Provides coverage for an unlimited number of trips during the policy year for the number of days purchased. Options of 4, 10, 18 and 30 day plans. No age limit.
* All-Inclusive Plan: Provides several benefits all in one plan. It covers Emergency Medical, Trip Cancellation & Interruption, Baggage Loss, Delay & Damage, Flight Accident and Travel Accident.
* Travel Canada Plan: Provides Emergency Medical Insurance if all travel is within Canada at 50% off the regular Single-Trip Emergency Medical Plan rates.
* Trip Cancellation/Interruption Plan: May be purchased as part of an All-Inclusive Plan or separately. If purchasing separately, must be purchased within 8 days of booking your travel plans.
Click here to purchase Manulife Travel Insurance for out of province or out of country travel.
Emergency Medical Insurance for Visitors to Canada is ideal for:
Visitors to Canada
* Canadians who are not eligible for benefits under a government insurance plan
* Persons who are in Canada on a work visa
* New immigrants who are awaiting government health insurance plan coverage
Click here to purchase Visitors to Canada Insurance from Manulife Financial.
Student Travel Insurance offers:
* Up to $1 million for emergency medical and non-medical coverage for covered risks
* Available to Canadian students studying abroad or out of province and International students studying within Canada.
Click here to purchase Student Travel Insurance from Manulife Financial.
Health & Dental Insurance
Manulife Financial offers Health, Dental and Extended Health Care benefits with the following options:
* Coverage for Individuals and Families
* *Coverage for those who are self-employed or those whose group benefits have been terminated
Flexcare offers 7 different health and dental plans (3 of which are guaranteed issue) and many add-on benefits so that you can design a health plan that best meets your specific needs.
Click here to learn more about Flexcare.
FollowMe offers 4 guaranteed issue plans which are designed to "bridge the gap" for people who are leaving a group plan due to job loss or retirement so that their health and dental coverage is not interrupted. Provided that you apply within 60 days of leaving your group plan, you are guaranteed acceptance with FollowMe.
Click here to learn more about FollowMe.
Association Health and Dental plans offer 8 different plan choices with options for Dental only and Dental + Drug benefits.
Click here to learn more about the Association Health and Dental plans.
Insurance products and services are provided through Assante Estate and Insurance Services Inc.