For over three decades, we have supported our clients’ family values and goals. We have evolved to reflect their changing needs and complexities. We simplify our client’s lives by helping through complex decisions, as well as taking the lead in managing their evolving financial needs. We facilitate comprehensive wealth planning processes that explore all aspects of a family’s financial strengths and weaknesses, and then implement customized solutions that lead towards successful measurable results.
The Marketing Assistant is a multi-faceted role that focuses on business growth initiatives and advisor support. As part of the sales team, this role will be responsible for supporting the development of prospective client relationships, providing event planning and logistical support and ensuring targets are met for sales and marketing activities.
The Marketing Assistant’s role in our practice is a key component in all aspects of The Beacon Group’s growth and development strategies. In this role, the Marketing Assistant will be responsible for marketing and business development, initiating new client and lead communication. This role will also focus on identifying and organizing opportunities to give back to the community through volunteering and charitable giving, a core value at The Beacon Group.
The Beacon Group of Assante Financial Management Ltd. is looking for an individual that demonstrates a strong drive to learn and grow, has high attention to detail, and exceptional sales skills.
Lead Development and Sales Support
- Support business development team in daily sales functions
- Assisting in lead generation and development
- Initiate and follow up on all leads and determine next steps
- Conduct follow up phone calls for all leads generated through marketing and networking activities
- Maintain client relationship management software with prospective client information, meetings, phone calls and actions
- Managing campaigns while following and executing the sales process
Marketing and Event Coordination
- Engaging in all marketing and business development activities
- Responsible for the coordination of client appreciation events
- Planning and executing the hosting of private networking events
- Researching and booking networking events for advisors to attend
- Working with the client service administrator to ensure communication strategy is in line with overall marketing strategy
- Identifying opportunities to work with high net-worth individuals and families in collaboration with team
Office Management and Administration
- Providing support in dealing and responding to correspondence, emails, and phone inquiries
- Manage risk by adhering to compliance routines, processes and controls to protect client and shareholder interests
- Maintain various databases, records, and reports
- Experience in a Financial Services environment is an asset, but not required
- 1-3 years’ experience in business development, lead generation or marketing role would be preferred
Previous event planning experience is an asset, but not required
Skills and abilities
- Awareness of and interest in activities and trends in the financial services marketplace
- Proven verbal and written communication skills complemented by strong interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work well under pressure
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Proactive and customer-oriented attitude; customer focus towards clients and employees at all levels
- MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Mac operating systems
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM systems
- High level of professionalism, integrity and accountability
- An aptitude for acquiring new knowledge
- Driven and self-motivated, with a determination to succeed
- A designation or undergraduate degree preferred, however the combination of education and employee experience is adequate
- Preference will be given to candidates with current MFDA licensing or who have completed courses required to obtain licensing. If courses have not been completed, this education will be provided. Course completion and successful MFDA will be required upon hire.
What’s In It For You?
- Working in a dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Career development
- Creative atmosphere that encourages growth and personal development
- Competitive free day policy, giving you flexibility rather than constraints in terms of time-off
- High level of practice support
- All resources are provided, and the working environment is highly professional
For more information on our branch and our services, please visit www.beacongroupcalgary.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.