Lead Financial Administrative Assistant
We are seeking an experienced financial administrative assistant to join our servicing team at Assante Capital Management Ltd. in Ottawa. The successful candidate is a leader; highly professional, polished, skilled in financial client service and passionate about improving the client experience. Capable of initiating change and taking ownership of their areas of expertise, and able to work in a fast-paced environment while avoiding distractions and staying on task. A solid understanding of the financial services industry coupled with a client first mindset to provide administrative support to our Financial planning and investment practice. The practice is mature, organized and efficient. We employ clear processes and procedures making the position perfect for a motivated, passionate and organized person.
- Schedule client meetings.
- Follow our Step-by-step process to prepare for client meetings.
- Complete follow-up items from client meeting and from incoming client requests.
- Order entry of investment transactions and insurance policies; reviewing the documentation for accuracy and facilitating client follow-up.
- Maintain detailed notes on all incoming and outgoing service work and correspondence, whether written or verbal in the client database.
- Prepare weekly reports on the status of all outstanding follow-up.
- Adhere to strict compliance guidelines.
Advisor Support duties:
- Maintaining positive client relationships.
- Providing timely and accurate responses to client requests.
- Maintaining compliance standards in client dealings/client files.
- Assist in the application of marketing and business development tasks.
- Submit updates a web site.
- Track and complete meeting follow-up tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Some office telephone reception (limited) and process daily mail/courier.
- General office tasks such as filing, photocopying, faxing, and scanning.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with working with financial software, Salesforce, and/or insurance software would be an asset
Skills and abilities
- Highly Organized
- Attention to detail
- PC proficient (Must be able to use: Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Creativity to improve efficiency of administrative processes
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organized but flexible to take on a new task of greater priority
- Maintain staff and client confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to block out distractions and stay on task.
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of social media.
- Marketing skills an asset.
- Undergraduate degree or the right combination of education and experience will be considered
- IIROC and insurance licensing a definite asset
You will be working as part of a team of professionals. We foster a creative atmosphere that encourages growth and personal development. We provide a high level of practice support with opportunity for advancement. All resources and training will be provided, and the working environment is highly professional.
As an independently owned and operated branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd., we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.