We are seeking an experienced financial administrative assistant to join our servicing team at Assante Wealth Management in Ottawa. The successful candidate is a leader; highly professional, polished, skilled in financial client service and passionate about improving the client experience. Capable of initiating change and taking ownership of their areas of expertise, and able to work in a fast-paced environment while avoiding distractions and staying on task. A solid understanding of the financial services industry coupled with a client first mindset to provide administrative support to our Financial planning and investment practice. The practice is very mature, organized and efficient, we employ clear processes and procedures making the position perfect for motivated, passionate, organized person
- Schedule client meetings.
- Follow our Step-by-step process to prepare for client meetings.
- Complete follow-up items from client meeting and from incoming client requests.
- Order entry of investment transactions and insurance policies; reviewing the documentation for accuracy and facilitating client follow-up.
- Maintain detailed notes on all incoming and outgoing service work and correspondence, whether written or verbal in the client database.
- Prepare weekly reports on the status of all outstanding follow-up.
- Adhere to strict compliance guidelines.
Advisor Support duties:
- Maintaining positive client relationships.
- Providing timely and accurate responses to client requests.
- Maintaining compliance standards in client dealings/client files.
- Assist in the application of marketing and business development tasks.
- Submit updates to web site.
- Track and complete meeting follow-up tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Some office telephone reception (limited) and process daily mail/courier.
- General office tasks such as filing, photocopying, faxing, and scanning.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the financial services industry.
- You have superior technical skills and excel at client servicing.
- Your experience may include working with financial software, Salesforce, insurance software, must be proficient with Microsoft office.
- You adapt well to change and often think outside the box and initiate it yourself, you stay focused and work well on a team.
Skills and abilities
- Highly Organized.
- Attention to detail.
- PC proficient, must be able to use: Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Creativity to improve efficiency of administrative processes.
- Excellent customer service social skills.
- Organized but flexible to take on a new task of greater priority.
- Maintain staff and client confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Ability to block out distractions and stay on task.
- Solid oral and written communication skills; a pleasant manner.
- Working knowledge of social media.
- Marketing skills an asset.
- Undergraduate degree or alternatively the right combination of education and experience will be considered.
- IIROC and insurance licensing a definite asset.
Please apply for this opportunity with your current resume and a cover letter to James Schofield (email@example.com). IMPORTANT: For your application to be considered, you must include a cover letter along with your resume.
As an independently owned and operated branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd., we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.