We are currently looking for a licensed Administrative Assistant to provide support to a Senior Financial Advisor in the day to day operations of an established financial planning practice. The role will involve preparing and processing all non-financial and financial trade-related documents.
- Prepare new account paperwork, trade documents and verify transaction completion
- Execution of all non-financial and financial documents in a timely manner
- Responding to clients by phone or in person and dealing with their requests in a friendly professional manner
- Maintain client contact management software with client meeting notes, calendars and files
- Request the transfer of assets from other financial institutions and follow up through to completion
- Keep up to date with industry changes around regulations and availability of investments
- Other office duties as required such as scanning, filing, client appreciation events etc.
- 2 to 3 years in a Financial Services environment
Skills and abilities
- Knowledge of investment products such as mutual funds, RRSP, RRIF, TFSA and personal income tax
- Extensive knowledge of industry back office practices, experience with FundServ and ActionPro is an asset
- Proactive and customer service-oriented attitude
- Strong MS Office skills (outlook, word, excel and powerpoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with good organizational and prioritization skills
- Post-secondary education in Finance/Accounting or related field is an asset
- Successful completion of the Canadian Investment Funds Course, Canadian Investment Funds Operations Course and/or other related industry education is an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.