Wealth Planning Associate
We are a well-established wealth management firm providing exceptional and trusted wealth planning advice to discerning clients. The firm has grown, requiring a Wealth Planning Associate to work with the advisory team providing estate, tax, risk management and financial scenarios to a specific segment of our clientele. The focus of the role is the creation and ongoing management of wealth planning for high net worth clients.
The role of the Wealth Planning Associate is to support the advisory team, providing comprehensive investment and wealth management advice to our existing and new clients. First and foremost, the ideal candidate will have a passion for providing exceptional client service and genuine, client-centred advice. Additionally, the candidate works independently and proactively, with the ability to work collaboratively with our clients’ external advisors.
- Accountable for providing support services including meeting preparation to a specific number of clients (Relationship management, investment knowledge, estate, tax, risk and financial planning knowledge)
- Maintain collaborative and trusted relationships with clients through a systematized proactive and timely communication process
- Follow well developed internal processes that focus on holistic wealth planning advice
- Preparing and updating financial plans and reports for senior wealth advisors (financial projections, estate, tax, and risk management)
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues
- Execute trading instructions and maintain accurate client communication and communication portfolio records
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of previous planning experience that includes an understanding of the following core areas: tax, (personal/corporate) investment, risk management and estate planning
- Previous experience with client relationship responsibilities is an advantage
Skills and abilities
- Must be a positive, optimistic and collaborative communicator with clients and colleagues from diverse walks of life
- An independently driven and motivated individual
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Efficient, effective and accurate work practices including precise attention to detail
- A genuine interest to learn and excel in delivering our well developed internal processes providing consistent and seamless service
- Proactive, intuitive and flexible
- Impeccable time management and organization skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills enabling you to identify and resolve spoken and unspoken needs of clients
- Innovative and progressive with respect to service and internal processes to maintain and grow our distinctive advantage within the industry
- Strong computer skills including financial planning software programs (Naviplan), Microsoft office
- Certified Financial Planner or Registered Financial Planner designation
- Must be presently registered with an IIROC Member firm as a Registered Representative Securities (Those previously registered will be considered as long as they still qualify for immediate registration)
- College or University degree. An asset to have diploma or degree in accounting or finance related field.
The Andrews Group, an independently owned and operated branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd.,welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.