Associate Financial Advisor
A highly professional, comprehensive financial planning practice is looking to bring on an associate financial advisor to work alongside two senior financial planners in servicing their business-owner clients.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a career-oriented person currently working in the accounting or finance industry to transition to a new career path in the financial planning world, joining a full-service financial planning practice.
The successful candidate will be mentored to help develop more advanced tax and financial advisory skills. The position will quickly become a client-facing role, as the person gets up to speed.
Note: hours can be flexible (in both quantity of hours and when time is worked during the day/week).
- Play an integral role as part of a team with the professional financial planners and administrators.
- Research special projects related to tax, accounting, finance, legal, estate planning, debt management, alternative assets, etc.
- Attend client meetings with financial planner, eventually conducting client meetings alone.
- Engage clients on a regular basis by handling incoming and outgoing calls to provide client service.
- Assist in the preparation of financial plans, portfolio and insurance reviews and tax planning.
- Liaise and assist with our client’s professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, M&A advisors and other advisors.
- Maintains a strong understanding of personal, private company and trust tax, industry regulations, policies & procedures, and compliance requirements.
- Help coordinate and attend client and business contact networking or industry events
- Attend industry meetings or conferences
- Minimum of three years of related work experience in finance/accounting or private enterprise tax
- Current Mutual Fund Licensing
- CFP or CPA designation would be an asset
- Having started (or completed) the CPA Tax In-Depth course would be a significant asset (but is not required)
Skills and abilities
- Some knowledge of personal, corporate and trust tax.
- A highly-motivated individual and the willingness to learn through practical, technical and educational formats
- High interest in career development and taking on more advisory responsibilities as the opportunity arises
- Excellent client-facing skills with the ability to provide a high-quality client experience
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to obtain a high level of accuracy and a strong attention to detail
- Team Oriented
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong inter-personal communication skills
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.