Tax Planning Associate
A highly professional, tax-oriented, comprehensive financial planning practice is looking to bring on a CPA Tax Specialist to assist in servicing our personal and business-owner clients.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a career-oriented person currently working in the accounting industry to transition to a new career path in the financial services world, joining a rapidly growing, team based, full-service financial planning practice.
The successful candidate will be mentored to help develop more advanced tax and financial advisory skills.
There is the potential that the role may progress to a tax focused Associate Advisor position, upon completion of necessary education, licencing requirements, and current business needs. Title, responsibilities, and compensation will be adjusted based on licensing.
Compensation is based on experience and knowledge and will include salary plus bonus. Relocation assistance may be provided up to a maximum allowance. The ideal candidate would work toward partnership within the local practice.
- Play an integral role as part of a team with the professional financial planners and administrators.
- Research special projects related to tax, accounting, legal, estate planning, etc.
- Attend client planning meetings.
- Engage clients on a regular basis by handling incoming and outgoing calls to provide client service.
- Liaise and assist with our client’s professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, and other advisors.
- Help coordinate and attend client and business contact networking or industry events.
- Attend industry meetings or conferences.
- Upon current licensing, assist in the preparation of financial plans, portfolio and insurance reviews, and tax planning.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience in the accounting field.
- CPA designation.
- Having the qualifications for Registration with IIROC and Insurance licensed would be an asset
Skills and abilities
- Strong knowledge of personal, corporate and trust tax.
- Highly motivated, and creative, with willingness to learn through practical, technical and educational formats.
- High interest in career development and taking on more advisory responsibilities as the opportunity arises.
- Excellent client-facing skills with the ability to provide a high-quality client experience.
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to obtain a high level of accuracy and a strong attention to detail.
Dauphin is a warm and progressive community surrounded by rich, productive farmland, natural beauty, and a myriad of opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Located near Riding Mountain National Park, outdoor enthusiasts enjoy easy access to a number of nearby lakes, golf courses, parks, campgrounds, ball diamonds, hiking, skiing, and biking trails. Indoor facilities include modern skating and curling rinks, a wave pool, Movie theaters, Bowling Ally, and much more.
Please direct any questions or applications (current resume) to: email@example.com with the subject line: Tax Specialist – Wealth Management Career.
As an independently owned and operated branch of Assante Capital Management Ltd. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.